Lacrosse Team Batters BLC; Estin and Gregg Lead Attack

Two former all-Americans and two of last year's Crimson stars weren't enough to counteract the varsity lacrosse team's well-coordinated attack, so the Boston Lacrosse Club took a 10-6 licking Saturday afternoon on a windswept Business School Field.

Bob Maddux' strategy really paid off against the BLC as Captain Hans Estin, recently moved to attack, sparked a previously dormant attack with his three goals and five assists. Estin, taking over the berth of last year's star Jay Hurley, harried the BLC defense with a brilliant exhibition of dodging and back-of-the-goal play-making.

It was old home week for Ned Dewey and Jay Hurley as they returned to play against almost the same group they worked with last year.

Even the weather was on the Crimson side. It was cool enough to let the first midfield of Dave Abbot, Bob Lange and Paul Withington play well over half the game. In fact, the only thing to worry Coach Maddux was the failure of the defense to click during the first quarter. A time out and the insertion of Don Louria tightened up this sector so that the Hub men scored only one goal in two quarters; by that time, the Crimson had garnered a five-goal bulge.

Dick Bezanson seemed to show no ill effects from his bout with an infected ear, as he slapped two goals past classy BLC net-minder Bill Schmidt. His mate on the close attack, Charley Gregg, showed his left handed shot to good advantage as he matched Estin with three tallies. HARVARD  BLC Gregg  1.h.  Weisheit Bezanson  o.b.  Hurley Abbot  1a  Murnaghan Langer  2a  Crolins Estin  c  Hulburd Withington  1d  Dewey Snow  2d  Thomas Graham  pt  Tinker Forsythe  cp  Moot Bernard  g  Schmidt

Harvard substitutions: Louria, Allen, Page, Chamberlain, Grosz, Fuller, Scanlon, Carroll, Davis, Kegg.