College Ends Balloting For Councilmen Today

Class Nominees Hawk Wares

Student Council election campaigning reached a giddy climax yesterday as the College prepared to choose its seven Class representatives this afternoon.

The Houses and the Union will ballot at noon and evening meals, while dudley polls open for lunch only. Mimeographed material of all kinds covered bulletin boards and warmed its way under door-jambs yesterday, as candidates tried to outdo each other in originality and affection for the electorate.

Campaign rallies centered around the Union. One Freshman nominee raffled off tickets for a Boston Red Sox baseball tilt. A wire recorder filled the Common Room with music and political blurbs for another candidate.

Backers of one Councilman aspirant seemed headed for trouble yesterday, when they were summoned to University Hall to explain the presence or red--painted propoganda on local sidewalks. The daubers will soon confer with maintenance department officials.

At Council headquarters last night, treasurer Ray A. Goldberg '48 warned that each voter must cast a ballot for his own class. No Senior graduating this June may vote. All others who are in the Class of 1948 or earlier must ballot with the Class of 1949.

The Council has installed newly-purchased padlocked receptacles to receive the ballots, Goldberg added.

The Class of 1951 will choose three representatives today. '50 and '49 will elect two each.