Golfers to Face Brown in Try For Win No. 4

This afternoon's Varsity golf match with Brown can be the fourth straight win for Captain Sam Savidge's men. But with number one player Bill Rickenbacker out of the contest with a severely cut finger, it can also be the toughest northern match the team has yet played.

Brown won last year's sectional preliminary for the Eastern Intercollegiate championships, beating out Harvard 5 to 4, but Boston College later whipped them in the finals of this competition. The most cheering omen for a Crimson win today stems from the fact that the Varsity has in turn beaten this champion B. C. squad this season by a 5 to 4 score.

Rickenbacker Out

With Rickenbacker out of the starting lineup, much of the afternoon's responsibility will rest on the shoulders of Ozzie Keiver, a golfer who has lately been shooting some excellent golf. Medalist in both of the last two matches, Keiver has gotten off 18-hole totals of both 71 and 72.

Captain Savidge will not play in the afternoon's contest, and this, coupled with Rick's absence, makes the starting list of players the most changed of any so far this season. Keiver will lead off, with Jack Drury, Line Kinnicutt, Bob Mattson, Sam Seager, and Jack Denton following in that order.

The team is optimistic over the impending match, and, according to Savidge, has a right to be so. Scores in the low seventies and three successive wins against some of New England's stiffest competition are a team record that is likely to inspire a little confidence and hope in any member of the squad--even without Rickenbacker.