Jubilee Not Yet Sold Out; '51 Girds for Gala Weekend

With two days to go and girls all over the Eastern Seaboard fingering their suitcases, the Jubilee Committee announced last night that 25 tickets were still lying in the coffers, unsold.

"This state of affairs shows remarkable apathy," Sales Director Priestly Toulmin Ill '51 claimed yesterday, "but we expect easily to sell that many at the door." He advised last-minute operators to get their tickets before it was too late, pointing out that sale is limited by fire laws.

Meanwhile, sales for the candlelight supper on Friday are continuing apace, with over 100 of the 200 ducats sold. The supper, according to publicity chief A. Werner Pleus '51, will feature tablecloths and thick slices of beef, as well as the candlelight.

Beach Parties

As far as post-dance operations are concerned, Plus warns all men planning beach parties and other such frolics, that Massachusetts has very strict laws on bonfires, and advises that they check carefully before setting out.

A hasty survey of the Square yesterday revealed that Freshmen are preparing for the Jubilee with gusto. Almost no U-Drive-It cars are left, as reservations stretch in unbroken ranks across the weekend. The Coop reports a sizable rush on formal accessories, with pre-tied bow ties leading.

Tuxedo renting agencies also report serious inroads on their supplies.