Local Groups Pull for Favorite Sons

Who'll Buy My Candidate?

Stassen Forces Mobilize

"Stassen for President" is the latest political war-cry raised in the College, and more than 50 members of a newly-formed club are preparing their campaign to help him garner the Republican nomination.

Headed by Daniel M. Pierce '49, the University chapter has been officially chartered by the National Students for Stassen Committee. Plans are being rushed forward to enlist new members, distribute pins and literature, and push a Stassen victory in a mock convention to be held next month at the University.

Radcliffe formally adapted the movement last night, voting to establish a chapter led by co-chairman Marguerite Davis '50, and Irene C. Tinker '49.

M.I.T., Wellesley, and Boston University are also represented in the Stassen campaign.

Douglas Room Underway

Membership in the Law School's Douglas-for-President Committee jumped to $47 last night, according to a statement by Arnold W. Rivgin 8L, a member of the ten-man steering committee which directs the campaign.

Started to work for precaution of Supreme Court Justice Willison O. Douglas to the Democratic National Convention, the group evolved last week following spontaneous independent petitioning efforts by three separate groups of Douglas boosters. Tonight the committee leading the now-concerted drive will meet to formulate action and elect officers.

No Tears for MacArthur

"MacArthur looks like a pretty well washed out here, now that his bubble got pricked in Wisconsin," John D. Kornfeld '49, president of the College Veterans Against MacArthur, jubilantly exclaimed last night.

"Most of VAM's job is done," he said, "but we will stand ready to swing into action again if he manages to regain some of his lost face in next week's Nebraska primary. That will be his law chance, and it doesn't look too good.

HLU Supports Douglas

After an hour's debate between proponents of Dwight D. Eisenhower and William O. Douglas, the Liberal Union last night voted 80-18 to support Douglas for president. No other candidates were considered in the debate, the resolution finally adopted condemning all Republicans and also Truman and Wallace.

Speakers in favor of Eisenhower maintained that he was the only liberal minded man in the Democratic party strong enough to break the tradition of manifesting an incumbent President. According to the opposition, Douglas, as the only strong liberal in the presidential field, must be given all the publicity buildup possible.