Cadets Defeat Varsity Nine At West Point by 8-2 Score

One excellent pitcher and one big hitter was all the Army baseball team needed to beat the Crimson, 8 to 2, at Doubleday Field at West Point Saturday afternoon.

Roger Conover, the Cadet hurler, scattered six hits in such a manner as to allow only single scores in the first and fourth innings. Cliff Crosby knocked in Myles Huntington with the first tally in the opening inning, and John Caulfield obliged in the same fashion after Walt Coulson's long triple in the fourth.

Meanwhile, left fielder Jack Mackmull of the Pointers stroked a single, double, and a triple in four journeys to the plate, knocked in three runs, and scored once himself.

Godin Relieves

Ira Godin took over for Connolly after six and two-thirds innings, and set the Cadets down without a hit for the last two frames; but Conover continued obdurate, leaving six Crimson runners on base and striking out seven men during the contest.

The loss leaves Dolph Samborski's team without a win in league competition. The Crimson has dropped its three starts--to Navy, Dartmouth, and Army--and must take both the Princeton and Pennsylvania games this week to get in on finish money by June. The next opponents for the locals will be B.U.