Goldberg Outlines Graduation Plans

Event-Filled Program Set

Tradition will be the byword during the Class of 1948 Commencement, according to the day-by-day program released for the June 6 to 10 period by Ray A. Goldberg '48, First Marshal of the Class, yesterday.

The ivy-draped week gets under way with the baccalaureate services in Memorial Church Sunday, June 6, for which each man participating may obtain two tickets. Applications for these must be submitted to University Hall before 1 o'clock May 22, and the passes will be distributed from June 3 to 5. Tickets for all events except Baccalaureate, baseball games, and Commencement may be ordered at Widener Library between 1 and 3 o'clock starting today.

Monday night features a formal dance from 10 to 3 o'clock at Lowell House. An admission charge of $3 per couple also covers a midnight buffet supper.

Class Day Wednesday

Busiest day of the week is Wednesday, with an unbroken string of events running from 11 o'clock in the morning to past midnight. Class exercises, including the Class Oration, Poem, Ode, and Ivy Oration, are scheduled for the morning in the Widener-Memorial Church quadrangle, with the Harvard-Yale baseball game in the afternoon.

Commencement in Yard

Activities reach a climax with Thursday's Commencement exercises in the Yard, when cap-and-gown clad Seniors receive their long-awaited degrees. Alumni exercises will be held that afternoon.

In addition to candidates for the Bachelor's degree this June, men who graduated in October or April and all members of the Class of 1948 who will receive their degrees at a later date are invited to participate in the program. Seniors who have not already reserved their caps and gowns may do so until May 8.