Crime Holds 'Seventy-Fifth' Banquet

Around the Punch Bowl

Nearly 140 former editors joined yesterday with current Board members of the CRIMSON to celebrate the Seventy-Fifth Anniversary over the punch bowl in the afternoon and at a Dinner in Adams House during the evening.

President Conant highlighted the banquet speaking program with an address hailing the basically harmonious relationship, despite the CRIMSON's independence, existing between it and the University through the years. He was preceeded by Joseph C. Grew '02, former Undersectary of State, commenting briefly in a reminiscent vein; Otto E. Fuerbringer '32, a senior editor of Time Magazine, discussing "Newsmagazines and Newspapers"; Selig S. Harrison '48, present CRIMSON President, reporting on the state of the paper today and plans for the future; and Cleveland Amory '39, author of the "Proper Bostonian," leading off with introductory remarks.

George A. Weller '29, foreign correspondent for the Chicago Daily News and a departing Nieman Fellow, acted as Toastmaster. He was introduced by R. Scot Leavitt '46, President during the Crime's actual anniversary year.