Houses Face Still More Crowding

Nearly 130 men will be added, either voluntarily or arbitrarily, to present House rolls within the next few weeks, thus forcing the seven Houses to absorb more extra men this year than under 1947's so-called "peak" enrollment.

The opening of the House offices and the relaying of this news to House members brought closer the eventual emptying of the temporary barracks in the Indoor Athletic Building. Assistant Dean Dan H. Fenn, Jr. '44 said last night that "the number of vacancies is growing rapidly."

"The House offices only started work on Monday," he said, adding that about half a dozen men had been moved out since that time. However, he could give no definite figure for the next few days beyond asserting that things will be considerably better than over the weekend.

"I don't know just how fast we can do it," he said. Early estimates had plaed the life span of the temporary dormitory at about two and a half weeks from Registration.

Present estimates of the individual House increases: Adams  18 Dunster  "Considerable number" (app. 20) Eliot  18 Leverett  10 Lowell  20 Kirkland  20 Winthrop  11