'46, '47-48 Class Albums Head for Final Press Runs

Both the 1946 and the 1947-'48 Class Albums have finally entered the semi-final stages of production, Album heads announced last night. The '46 yearbook is already being printed, and the dual '47-'48 book will reach the presses as soon as the former is off.

Editor Daniel P. S. Paul '46 2PA said that the 375-page '46 yearbook, including the Class of 1946 Triannual Report will definitely be ready well in advance of the class' third reunion in June. Both albums are being printed at the Warren Press.

The joint '47-'48 annual, 421 pages long, will be distributed some time in April, barring unexpected delays, Roy E. Coombs '47 stated. The book will cover the years 1943 to 1948 and "will be the best album in Harvard's history," Coombs said.

The unprecedented dual yearbook was created by amalgamation of the '47 and '48 staffs in March 1947, since the two classes were almost unrecognizably intermingled during the war years. Sixteen hundred maroon-and-buff covered copies will be mailed as soon as the books are bound, Coombs said.