Soccer Team Meets Indians As Slight Favorite at 2 p.m.

Although both squads are currently tied for fourth place in the New England League, Harvard's soccer team should be a decided favorite over Dartmouth this afternoon in the first round of the Big Green weekend. Kick-off is 2 p.m. on the Business School Field.

Coach Bruce Munro's Crimson will enter the game with the prestige of losing to Connecticut, 1 to 0. Prestige, that is, because national champion Connecticut was able to edge out the varsity only by virtue of a successful direct penalty kick when the teams met Tuesday.

Munro says his team "played the best game of the season" Tuesday, and yesterday he gave a day off from practice as a reward.

Note of Warning

Dartmouth should certainly bow to the Crimson in the field of comparative scores. The Indians lost 5 to 1, to Connecticut, while the varsity almost played the Blue and White to an even game.

One note of warning might be taken, however; last year's freshman Green team was the only squad to beat the '52 Yardlings. This year's varsity Green is largely sophomore.

Poley Guyda's strong' '53 Crimson team will also meet Dartmouth. Same time; same place.