Rooters Will Rally Tonight

Parade Is First of Football Season

Rally torches will touch off the College's first football weekend of the 1949 season tonight.

Crimson rooters will assemble at University Hall a 7 p.m. The band will march into the Yard at 7:15 to lead the way over the traditional route to the steps of the Indoor Athletic Building.

Coach Art Valpey and Captain Howie Houston, who may see limited action in the line against Cornell, will be making their first public appearance of the year when they meet the parade on the steps.

Only Two Rallies Planned

At Valpey's request, only one other rally had been definitely scheduled for this season. It will take place at Dillon Field House before the team leaves for New Haven to meet Yale. But head cheerleader Jerry N. Liebman '50, has also made tentative plans for a Princeton rally.

Tonight's route will carry the crowd out of the Yard and down Holyoke Street, up Mt. Auburn and into Plympton Street on the way to the houses. The march will then go up Mill Street between Winthrop and Lowell Houses, through the Winthrop-Kirkland-Eliot triangle and around the corner to the Indoor Athletic Building.

Yale in Yard

Next year's Yale rally may well by the first in recent years to take place in the Yard, said Liebman. According to University policy, rallies, may be held in the Yard only when Yale plays at Harvard.

University policy have announced that they expect no trouble this evening, but the major part of the Yard force will still be assigned to cover the rally. The police had little trouble at last year's parades, despite firecrackers, car-thumping, and an occassional effigy bonfire.