Cure for Monotony

The Crimson Key has resisted a great temptation. It has avoided billing its all-college spring weekend as "a great step towards college solidarity" or "a fine way to create college spirit." The scheduled dance, home crew race, and other amusements, according to the Key, are only intended to "break up the monotony of the spring term."

Demolishing monotony is a worthy goal, and a far better one than a naive attempt to infect the College with Rah Rah. In fact, the Key seems to be organizing the whole project fairly intelligently--there is a good chance that the project will avoid the sort of snares and pitfalls that finessed the all-college dance plans last year and ended the class of '51 dance $400 in the red.

The dance committee will have its problems. The all-college dance must start from scratch; Dartmouth's carnival and Yale's Derby Day at least have a large backlog of tradition behind them. But the men of the Key may be able to turn out a gay weekend.

The CRIMSON is in favor of gay weekends. We hope it will be just that.