Rugger Team Off to McGill For First Tilt

The Harvard Rugby Club, in an unprecedented off-season trip, will venture out of the country tomorrow to play McGill University at Montreal.

Though the team edged that Canadian club in its regular season, it will definitely not be favored to repeat. For one thing it is the only fall game scheduled, and the team has done little or no practicing. For another, fall is the traditional rugby season in Canada, and McGill's team has been practicing regularly since early October.

Coach Ed Callanan will have a majority of last spring's squad on hand for the international jaunt. Along with last years Captain and Rugby Club president, Joe Eaton, Callanan will have the services of Charley Whiting, Lou Travis, Tom Nuzum, Len Wheeler, Coloin McIntyre, Hollis French, Al Key, Al Green, Doug Wall, and John Densmore.

Four New Faces

Another veteran, Billy Boucher, was originally scheduled to make the trip but came up with an ailing knee.

There will probably be four new faces in the starting lineup, three of them be longing to graduate students, since rugby is the only intercollegiate sport in which non-College men may participate.

One of the newcomers is an Englishman named Roger Bennett, a first year Business School student; another is a Chilean Law Schooler named John Cotter. Jack Thompson, a student at the Episcopal Theological School is the third, and sophomore Ken Kunhardt is the remaining untested rugger.