3 Win Rhodes Awards, Will Go to Oxford

Bush, Brademas, and Steiner To Spend Two Years Abroad; scholarships Go to 32 Men

Harvard contributed three winners to the list of 32 new Rhodes Scholars announced at Princeton yesterday by the Rhodes Scholar-ship trust. Only Yale placed more men on the list with four representatives as Princeton's number was equal to that of the University.

The winners, Geoffrey D. Bush '50 of Cambridge and Eliot House, Stephen J. Brademas '49 1G of South Bend, Indiana and Perkins Hall, Francis G. Steiner 1G of New York and 30 Ash Street, Cambridge, will receive grants of 500 pounds ($1,400) annually for study at Oxford University in England.

English Concentrator

Bush, the only undergraduate in the trio in concentrating in English and intends to begin his study abroad next year, Brademas, who lived in Adams House while attending college, could not be reached for comment last night. Steiner, who received his B.A. from the University of College, is going graduate work in English.

Twenty-seven states and 24 colleges and universities were represented in the new list of Rhodes Scholars, with the Ivy League colleges dominating the list. There were 32 winners from the field of 412 competitors and 12 of the awards went to members of the Ivy League schools.

The scholarships were granted under the will of Cecil John Rhodes, the late British statesman and pioneer to "on-course the . . qualities of distinction."