Kaltenborn Speaks Tonight; Wild, Aiken Address Forum

H. V. Kaltenborn '09, news commentator for the National Broadcasting Company, will speak at 8:30 p.m. tonight in the Littauer Auditorium under the auspices of the Free Enterprise Society. He will discuss "Our Divided World."

Before he turned to radio work in 1922, Kaltenborn had already established a reputation as a newspaper man. He has won recognition for his on-the-spot broadcasts of the Spanish Civil War and later of World War II, which he covered for NBC.

Also an Author

Besides his radio and newspaper activities. Kaltenborn has written several books on world affairs. His most recent publications include "Europe New" and "World Peace Primer."

Kaltenborn, who is founder and president of the Association of Radio News Analysts, will speak again tomorrow night when he will take part in a Law School Forum on "What Is Wrong with American Radio" at Cambridge High and Latin School.

Opposite views on the value of religious experience will be presented tonight by Henry D. Aiken, associate professor of Philosophy and John D. Wild, professor of Philosophy at 7:30 p.m. at the Adams House Forum.

Speaking on "Humanism, Realism, and Religion," the professors will examine humanism and realism as approaches to religious truth. Wild will take the position that there is a possibility of revealed religious truths, and Aiken will probably say that all knowledge is based on direct human experience, according to Forum Chairman Raymond E. Zelder '50.

Student participation in the forum will be encouraged by leaving plenty of time for a question period. The speakers themselves will talk informally.

Dr. O. H. Taylor '27 of the Department of Economics will be moderator of the discussion which is in the Adams House Lower Common Room.

The last Adams House Forum featured Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. '38, associate professor of History.