Funsters Defeat Eliot House Five; Adams Triumphs

The Dunster House Funsters took a tight 41 to 38 basketball decision last night over the Eliot House Elephants, while the Gold Coasters trod over a Leverett House team, 34 to 30. The Adams B team was not so fortunate, however, losing to the Bunnies by a 41 to 33 score.

Yard championships were decided as well last night. Matthews North emerged victors in the American Basketball League, while Weld North achieved dominance in the National League. Stoughton was overpowered by Matthews South, 29 to 18.

Chuck Brynteson was the main factor in the Funster victory last night. Stealing the ball from the Eliotmen in the last 30 seconds of the game, he sank a basket to put his teammates ahead by one point. Fouled on the shot, Brynteson proceeded to add another marker to the total with his successful foul shot. Another Brynteson foul goal put an end to the 41 to 38 contest.

Pennants

In the Yard, Weld North defeated Mower Hall by a 40 to 18 score and clinched the League flag. Matthews North conquered Grays by a 24 to 21 count in winning the American League championship. The two teams will meet this afternoon at 5 p.m. to decide the inter-league championship.