ADA Elects Schlesinger, Gootenberg

Five Harvard professors and a member of the Liberal Union were elected to the executive board of the Massachusetts chapter of Americans for Democratic Action at the group's convention last Sunday.

Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. '38, professor of History, will act as the board's first vice-chairman this year.

Roy F. Gootenberg '49, former president of HLU, was elected to the governing body after he had been nominated by the Students for Democratic Action, a student branch of A.D.A.

Name Coolidge Treasurer

Professor Albert Sprague Coolidge '15, of the chemistry department, was named Treasurer. Professors Merle Fainsod, Seymour E. Harris '20, and Arthur M. Schlesinger, were named to the executive board with John E. Sawyer, Junior-Fellow, and Reginald H. Zalles 4G.

The 18-member Liberal Union delegation, largest at the convention, joined with a Boston University group to place two student members on the executive board.

Saturday noon, Hubert Humphrey, national chairman of the A.D.A., spoke before a luncheon of the Nieman Fellows. In the evening he addressed delegates at the Roosevelt Day dinner in the Copley Plaza.