Lowell, Kirkland, Bunny Fives Win

Three close games marked the first full scale competition in League A basketball yesterday, as Leverett edged Dunster, Dudley nudged out Kirkland, and Lowell came from behind to ride over Eliot.

The Leverett-Dunster game was tied midway through a three minute overtime, but the Bunnies won 36 to 34 with a last minute score. The Leverett men played a good steady game, with Jim Ross the standout player.

Dudley's 43 to 41 victory over Kirkland was won largely at the foul line, with the Commuters making good 21 out of 26 penalty shots. Dave Bishop clinched the game for Dudley with a long shot sudden-death basket.

Lowell gained its 41 to 35 victory over Eliot with the typical Bellboy second half surge. John Altrocchi of Lowell was high scorer and top player of the game.

In the first House hockey game of the term, a well-balanced Dudley team swept over Dunster 5 to 2.

Other intramural scores: In League B basketball, Winthrop 40, Adams 29; Kirkland 32, Dudley 25; Dunster 27, Leverett 18; Lowell 30, Eliot 28; in A League Squash, Adams 4, Leverett 1; Dunster 5, Kirkland 0; in D League Squash, Adams 3, Leverett 2; Dunster 3, Kirkland 2; in Freshman basketball, Matthews South 45, Matthews North 30; Hollis 29, Thayer Middle 16