Favored Crimson Wrestlers Battle At Brown Today

By Peter B. Taub

Harvard's jinx over Brown is not likely to be broken this afternoon when the Crimson wrestling team meets the Bruins in Brown's Marvel Gym. The freshman wrestlers start the proceedings at 2 p. m.

Captain Bob Claflin, who broke his nose in practice last week, returns to the lineup at 175, Dave Smith moves up to 136, and Tom Connors drops back to 165 in the only changes in the combination that stopped Dartmouth. Bob Abboud will fill Smith's regular 128-pound post.

Against mutual opponents, both teams have fared the same. Brown has beaten Wesleyan, Dartmouth, and MIT, and has lost to Army, but Harvard's more evenly distributed strength will make it a favorite over the Bruins.

Brown is strong at 136, 145, and 155. Gray Michael, who usually competes at 136, has been making weight in order to meet Smith and may be surprised when he finds Smith at 136. If he still wrestles him, it should be one of the best fights of the day.

Several of Brown's matches have depended on John Chernak's performance in the heavyweight class. He will outweigh Howie Houston by at least ten pounds and has an old football score to settle with him.