New Advocate Will Expand In Non-fiction

February and March Editions To Contain Articles on 'Jews At Harvard' and Final Clubs

The Advocate will begin a policy of expanded coverage of the college community with the printing this week of a study of "The Jew at Harvard," Lloyd Gilmour, Jr. '51, Secretary, announced last night.

The article, a statistical survey and interpretation, was written by William Wiggin '50, a Social Relations major, with the co-operation of Rabbi Zigman of the Hillel Foundation and numerous College organizations. Three months of research investigation into College groups, as well as personal interviews have gone into the project.

The March issue of the publication, will contain two articles written by undergraduates not connected with the Advocate, one for, and one against, final clubs.

Trials Start

The spring competition for the Advocate will start at 7:30 p. m. tonight Gilmour also announced. For the first time the editors want students interested in doing research for articles, as well as candidates for the literary and business boards.

Gilmour emphasized that the printing of more non-fiction articles represents an "expansion, and not a change of policy." The magazine, he said, does not seek to become "either a socially conscious publication or a political tour de force." The editors hope to print articles by undergraduates representing divergent points of view on many subjects.