Freshman Register

The first postwar edition of the Freshman Register will be ready for distribution Monday--just five months later than is necessary for maximum usefulness. The Register includes pictures of all incoming freshmen along with information on the home town and college address of each. It could help materially in solving the freshman's initial problems of meeting his classmates and of associating names with places and faces. The Register can serve this purpose only if it is available early in the fall term, preferably at freshman registration.

The Register is late because all the pictures are taken after the freshmen have arrived in Cambridge. The solution to the problem of lateness is obviously to use the photographs submitted by each student with his application for admission. This is the practice at Wellesley College, where a picture directory of freshmen appears early each fall in time to be useful in orientation weeks.

The Student Council and Deans Office officials in charge of freshmen affairs should lay plans this spring for early publication of the Class of 1953 Freshman Register. Editors should come from the Class of 1952 so that they can work out all the details of publication in time for early distribution. It is a simple problem, simply solved. For all its simplicity, however, the solution is one that could make an important contribution to the freshman's difficult social orientation.

Recommended Articles

Freshmen Face Writing Test; Tutors to Aid Low Scorers
As if freshman orientation week is not packed with enough activities, administrators will put freshmen through a test new to
The Harvard Register.
The Harvard Register for this year will be issued about January 1. It will be practically the same as the
The Harvard Register.
The Harvard University Register for 1899-1900 will be published about January 1, immediately after the Harvard Catalogue is issued. This
No Headline
Cornell is having some difficulty in raising money enough to send her crew abroad. The sum of $5000 must be
Rules for Student Voters.
All self-supporting students of legal age who come to college from outside states or counties are eligible for registration for
Meeting Fails To Solve Red Book Muddle
The Red Book-Register-yearbook snarl came no closer to solution last night after a four-hour conference between the major participants in