McCormick Hops Hurdles, Stars in BAA Track Meet

Pat McCormick won top honors among the Crimson entries Saturday night when be streaked into the 45-yard hurdle finals in the sixtieth annual BAA meet in the Boston Garden.

In his first trial hear, McCormick raw a chose second to flashy Harrison Dillard, who set a new BAA and Boston record by winning, the finals in 5.5 seconds. McCormick again showed up will in the semi-finals and took sixth place in the pay-off trip.

McCormick took up the Crimsons stand and again to run the next lengths for the mile relay team, which lost to Yale. Al Ruby, Dave Hamblett, and Harvey Thayer filled the other slots for the Varsity.

Freshmen

The Freshman relay team put on another of its top-rate performances, seizing third in a race won by Georgetown in 3:24.5, an almost incredible time for a yearling squad. The Eli freshmen finished last. The fleet Yardling foursome combined the talents of Charlie Durakis, Tom McGrath, Ronald Berman, and Eddie Grutzner.

In the 50-yard dash, the only other event in which the track team participated, Jon Spivak was nosed out in the semi-finals.

The squad journeys to West Point Saturday for its first regular Ivy League clash of the season, facing the strong Army and Princeton teams. A week later it goes down to New Haven to compete with Yale.