Bender, Teale, Willkie Open Series of 9 Job Conferences

Job-conscious undergraduates will meet authorities in business, education, and other fields in a series of nine career conferences to be sponsored here during February and March by the Office of Student Placement.

The meetings, which will be similar to those conducted by the Placement Office last spring, are designed to bring outstanding figures in various fields of employment to the College to outline job possibilities in their respective vocations.

The conferences will extend from February 15 to March 29, and will feature symposia on opportunities in business, religion, education, government and foreign service, and writing.

The first conference, scheduled to take place on February 15 in Kirkland House, will be devoted to a discussion of "What Education for Business?" by Dean Bender, Dean Teale of the Business School, and H. Frederick Willkie, vice-president of Seagram's and brother of the late Wendell Willkie.

Complete schedules of the conferences and speakers will be delivered today to all resident undergraduates, and mailed to all commuters. This year's conferences will be more on the order of panel discussions than those of last spring, John W. Teale '27, Director of the Office of Student Placement, said yesterday. The proceedings will also be carried over WHRV for the first time, he added. Transcripts of last year's career conferences are on file at Teale's office in Weld Hall.