Varsity Meets West Point Basketball Squad Tonight

By Albert J. Feldman

After a three week lay-off, Coach Bill Barclay's varsity basketball team takes to the floor tonight in an attempt to salvage a season which up to now has been none too successful. The Crimson will oppose a weak Army squad at West Point.

Barclay will probably stick to the same lineup which he used in the Columbia game, and he may have found the combination which will bring the first victory in the last ten starts.

Ed Smith will stay in the pivot spot, the post he won through his high scoring performance against Princeton. He led the team against Columbia, his first starting assignment, but his nine points were not enough t keep the Lions from setting a new scoring record.

Sink and Swim

Join Rockwell and Pete Petrille will be shooting from up front, and the key question is: Can they connect often enough? Shooting from the floor has been Harvard's biggest weakness for the team has never really found its eye.

Guarding the Harvard basket--another weakness of the team--will be Captain Chip Gannon and Dick Covey. Defense till now has been spotty, ranging from good to poor.

Army has been none too potent in its showing thus far, an additional fact, which could mean a win for the Crimson. Tony Lavelli, who has been making fools of almost every other eastern team, scored 321 points against them. However, Columbia just beat the Cadets.