Seniors Choose 14 Officers For Class Day Committee

The Class of 1949 elected 14 men to the Class Day Committee yesterday, and overwhelmingly approved the constitution drawn up and submitted for vote by the Permanent Class Committee.

Seniors chose John L. Ashbery of Dunster House and Sodus, New York, as class poet; J. Philip Bahn of Kirkland House and Malverne, New York, as orator; George Bluestone of Kirkland House and New York City as odist; and Milton S. Heath, Jr. of Leverett House and Chapel Hill, North Carolina, as Chorister.

The Class also picked ten committee-men-at-large: Charles D. Baker of Kirkland House and Freeport, New York; Lynn W. Eley of Kirkland House and Zearing, Ohio; Brantley Harris of Winthrop House and Galveston, Texas; Boyd Higgins of Kirkland House and Indian-apolis; Donald B. Louria of Winthrop House and Brooklyn, New York.

Also William E. McCoy of Dunster House and Tulsa, Oklahoma; David E. McGiffert of Eliot House and Chicago; James E. McKittrick of Kirkland House and Brookline; Forbes H. Norris, Jr. of Winthrop House and Winchester; and Jonathan Silverstone of Winthrop House and Hartford, Connecticut.

Large Majority

The constitution was approved by a vote of 346 to 82. A total of 558 seniors cast ballets either in person at the Houses or by mail. Final count for the position of Ivy Grater could not be tallied until some time today, William D. Weeks '49, secretary of the Permanent Class Committee, said last night.