Series of Forums on School Health Setups Opens Today

School physicians from over 40 local cities and towns will join with experts from the School of Public Health and the State Department of Public Health this afternoon in the first of a series of six meetings on "The School Health Program."

The meetings, to be held every Wednesday afternoon, will discuss the role of the health officer in the school health program. Today's parley opens at 2 p. m. at the Public Health School's building at 55 Shattuck Street, Boston.

Three School professors will speak at today's session. Dr. Stuart S. Stevenson, associate in child health, will discuss the need, aims, and limitations of the school health program, and Harold C. Stuart, professor of Maternal and Child Health, will survey "Growth and Development--Factors Influencing Variability."

"School Age" Problems

The final address of the afternoon, to be given by Elizabeth P. Rice, assistant professor of Medical Social Work, will cover "Social and Emotional Problems of the School Age Period".

Future topics up for discussion at the series include health education, child and parent psychology, tests, and nutrition.

Future speakers include Dr. David D. Rutstein '30, professor of Preventive Medicine, and Dr. William T. Green, clinical professor of Orthopedic Surgery.

Institutions besides the University sending speakers include Boston University, the Massachusetts Medical Society, and the Newton Health Department.