Student Injured In Kirkland Fire

Clinton B. Townsend '50 suffered second degree burns while rescuing Theodore B. Parkman '50 from a fire believed to be caused by a cigarette, in Kirkland A-26, at 5 a.m. yesterday.

The two men were drowsing in their living room when a chair caught fire, Townsend dragged the half-sleeping Parkman into their bedroom and was burned when he returned to the living room.

The blaze was subdued by Bruce Seligman, entry tutor, and Frederic Amory '49 before fire engines arrived.