Lacrosse Squad Wins, 12-2; Track Team Overcomes BC

Led by its traditionally strong weightmen, the varsity track team overcame Boston College 89 to 42 Saturday in the stadium. Both teams were opening their spring schedules.

Sweeps in the hammer and shot, and a first and second in the discus racked up 26 points for the Crimson early in the afternoon. Big Jeff Tootell put the shot 50 feet, 6 inches for a win in that department, and then went on to place first in the discus with a heave of 146 feet, 9 1/2 inches.

Bob Forsyth, lacrosse team captain, won the hammer throw with a toss of 160 feet, 9 inches before donning his uniform for the game against the Boston Lacrosse Club. Howie Reed won seconds in both the hammer and the discus.

Crimson Captures Javelin

Rounding out Harvard's six firsts in the field events were wins in the javelin by Charlie Keith, the pole vault by Bill Lawrence, and the high jump by Gene Harrington.

The Crimson's second double winner was Pat McCormick, who took firsts in both the 220 low and 120 high hurdles. His wins were matched, however, by Car Parsons of BC, who won both the 100 and 220 yard dash events.

Burt Brown, Al Ruby, and Joe Walsh swept the quarter mile for the Crimson, while George Williams and Captain Dave Hamblett took first and second in the half.

The closest race of the day was the mile, in which BC's Jim Taylor hit the tape inches ahead of Hamblett. Joe Lemming won the two mile run for Harvard in 10:28.8.