'Cliffe Commencement Plans Allow for 5-Day Ceremonies

Radcliffe Commencement activities will span the five days from June 18 until June 22, and will include Alumnae Day, Baccalaureate Sunday, Class Night, and Commencement exercises, Mrs. John Maguire, Annex college marshal, announced yesterday.

Commencement of the Class of 1949 will be a test case, Mrs. Maguire added. More than 200 seniors and record groups of candidates for M.A.'s, Ph.D.'s, and Management Training Program certificates and their guests will stretch Sanders Theater seating facilities to capacity.

If Commencement exercises this June are too crowded; Annex officials may be forced to draw up blueprints for graduation ceremonies in Radcliffe Yard next year.

Alumnae Day Opener

Meanwhile, '49's program will start with Alumnae Day on Saturday, June 18.

All seniors will be guests at a Triennial luncheon at 12:45 p.m., with alumnae from the third and sixth anniversary classes of 1943 and 1946. Alumnae reunions in Agassiz House are scheduled all afternoon and all returning graduates will attend the formal opening of Founder's House at 6 Appian Way and President and Mrs. W. K. Jordan's alumnae tea in the afternoon.

Seniors and alumnae will gather for a reunion banquet at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Sporry Speaks

Baccalaureate Services, at which Rev. Willard L. Sperry, Dean of the Divinity School will speak, will be held in Memorial Church Sunday afternoon, June 20, immediately after the Harvard exercises. Monday has been left open for Class Night and song rehearsals.

Required rehearsal for Commencement has been scheduled for Tuesday morning, June 21 and traditional Class Night ceremonies and dancing in Radcliffe Yard --Agassiz House living room in case of rain--will start at 8 p.m. that night.

Class Night Change

Class Night has been moved over from its customary Monday night spot this year in order to give Annex seniors a chance to attend both Senior Spread and their own affair.