Bellboys Swamp Dunster, 10-5; Leverett Ties Eliot

Leverett cheated the favored Eliot baseball team out of a win yesterday, blasting a four point Elephant lead to force the game to a 6 to 6 stalemate. Meanwhile, Lowell overpowered Dunster, 10 to 5.

Eliot got off to a fine start by scoring five runs in the second inning, but when Bunny twirler Dick Reynolds took over the mound from his novice teammate Roger Crampton, the Elephants could make only one more tally in the third inning, and none thereafter.

Walks, Errors Great Help

Then sparked by heavy-hitting Walt Hawkins and blessed with free-trips and enemy errors, the Bunnies chalked up four runs in the fourth inning and the tying run in the final frame.

The Eliot outfield showed a weakness which may ruin any chance the Elephants have of winning the championship. But chattering third baseman Gordie Allen keeps the Eliot infield one of the best.

Lowell's 10 to 5 victory over Dunster wasn't the result of hard hitting because Dunster outhit Lowell, 3 to 2. The key to the score is that Dunster also out-errored Lowell, 9 to 1.

Standout men in this contest were Funster Paul Domick, who made the only extra-base hit, a triple, and Bellboy pitcher Jerry Dwight who fauned ten opponents.

House golf strolled through its first day as three matches were completed and Dudley forfeited to Dunster. Lowell defeated Winthrop, 4 1/2 to 1 1/2, Adams outlasted Eliot, 7 to 5, and Kirkland downed Leverett, 5 to 1.

In softball, Adams edged Dudley, 7 to 6, and Winthrop conquered Kirkland, 8 to 4.

Tennis matches saw Kirkland defeat Lowell, 4 to 1, and Winthrop beat Adams, 3 to 2.

Today's Schedule:

Baseball: Adams vs. Dudley, 2 p.m. Kirkland vs. Winthrop, 4 p.m. Softball: Lowell vs. Dunster, 2:30 p.m.   Eliot vs. Leverett, 4 p.m. Tennis: Eliot vs. Dudley, 3 p.m.   Dunster vs. Lever'tt, 4:30 p.m.