Golfers Face BU Tilt Today

The golf team meets Boston University at 2 p.m. today at the Oakley, Country Club in the first match of a two-match series.

BU is the only team that the varsity plays-twice this season, the second game being scheduled for Tuesday at home. Little is known about the Terriers except that Harvard beat them last year and that goth teams still are using much of their 1948 squad.

With the golf season more than halfway over. Coach Bill Barcley hasn't yet chosen a real team. Seven varsity candidates are still competing for posts on the regular 12-man squad: meanwhile Barclay is fielding what seems to be the best players in recent and fall competitions.

Current Team

The current team includes Captain Bill Rickenbacker, Jack Denton, Sam Seager, Hugh Nawn, Herb Mee, Dick O'Keefe, Bob Matson, and Eliot Putnam. All but Putnam will play against BU today.

Actually, Barclay won't need a full 12-man team until the Eastern Intercollegiates on Friday and Saturday, May 6 and 7. The playoffs for the four remaining berths will be held this afternoon, and for the first time in ten matches the golf "team" will be a team.