Lacrosse Team Buries N. H., 13 to 2

Varsity Flips in Six Goals in Last Period As Substitutes Romp

A rout is a rout is a rout.

What Dartmouth did to the Harvard lacrosse team Saturday the Crimson squad did to New Hampshire yesterday afternoon. The final score was 13 to 2; the victory was balm to the varsity, which had been hard hit by its Dartmouth defeat.

New Hampshire was as green a team as everyone had hoped and expected they would be. Even without Hans Estin, who hobbled along the sidelines with his ankle in a cast, Bruce Munro's team was safe all the way.

Close at Half

In the first half, however, play was fairly close, and scoring was limited to three for Harvard and one for New Hampshire. It was a period of attrition in which the better drilled, better coordinated and better drilled, better coordinated and better conditioned Harvard team slowly destroyed the confidence of the visitors and built up its own morale.

Come the third period, all doubts about the result were quickly and decisively disposed of. Within the space of six minutes, four goals were scored, two on beautiful solo dashes by Rick Hudner, and the game was settled.

By the fourth period, the players were beginning to have a good time, and Munro was giving the bench its licks. Six goals were racked up in the last period, five in the first five minutes; and the almost two dozen partisan fans in the stands were wallowing in the delight of a rout.

The Crimson close attack was functioning particularly well. All five attackmen, except Dick Bezanson who missed several close shots, scored more than one goal. The second midfield, with one piece, registered the remaining three.

The Starting lineup: Goal: Algy Allen. Defense: Captain Bob Forsyth, Dick Hansen, and Don Page. Midfield: Dune Mauran, Bill Kegg, and Bob Lange. Attack: Dick Bezanson, Rick Hudner, and Lew Soule.

Substitutes--Defense: Fred Coburn, Jim Graham, Clark Cowen, John Talbot. Midfield: Dick Post, Paul Davidson, and Paul Birdsall: Will Davis, Bill Graham, and Dave Waring: Fred Chamberlain, Ed Thayer, and John Cowles. Attack: Charlie Gregg, Bill Plissner.

Goals: Hudner, 3: Gregg, Plissner, Soule, 2: Bezanson, Birdsall, Davidson, Post, 1.