Baseball Team Meets Dartmouth; Tennis Squad Mauls Lions

Crimson Picks Up 9-0 Win Over Columbia, Plays Tigers Today

By Douglas M. Fouquet

A pleasant surprise added up to a 9 to 0 shutout win for the varsity tennis team yesterday against Columbia in New York. Jack Barnaby's Crimson squad had feared the Lions would offer serious opposition, but they soon discovered Columbia was almost devoid of veterans and as such was the doormat of the Ivy League.

Playing with full strength for the first time in over a week, Harvard was clearly superior in every match and lost but two sets all afternoon.

Bud Ager, returning to his number one spot, was especially effective in trimming Columbia's star Lassar Gotkin, 6-3, 6-0. Jack Frey, in number five, also had a good day winning his match, 6-2, 6-2.

On to Princeton

This afternoon's match at Princeton is the second and last leg of the team's weekend tour.

Princeton, along with North Carolina and Cornell, represents the best in college tennis today and of course will be a decided favorite to beat the up-and-down Crimson. Harvard this season has played well against such weaker rivals as, BU, BC, and Columbia, but when it meets a team of decidedly more experience Crimson points are at a premium.