Deacon Nine Downs Eliot; Adams Vanquishes Dudley

Kirkland defeated Eliot, 4 to 2, while Adams squeezed by Dudley, 3 to 2, yesterday in baseball games delayed because of cancellations earlier in the season.

Jim Gabler pitched a two-hitter for Kirkland, backed by solid hitting from Ed Smith and Jim Holmes, as the Deacons vaulted up to fourth place in the standings.

In the other game, the Adams team continued its unbeaten record as ace pitcher Roger Davis struck out nine Commuters. The Gold Coasters capitalized on two walks and a single in the second inning to score their first run. In the fourth Graham Taylor stole home for the winning run.

Softball and Tennis

Dunster beat Lowell in softball for its third straight win, while Leverett defeated Adams, 3 to 2, in tennis.

In golf, Adams beat Dunster 5 to 1, Eliot downed Lowell 4 to 1, and Winthrop beat Leverett, 4 1/2 to 1 1/2.

Crew Finals Today

The House championship crew races will be run off this afternoon with Eliot the team to beat. The Elephants turned in their best time in the semi-finals Thursday, an auspicious 5:31.

The other crews which have won their way to the race that counts are Adams. Leverett, Kirkland, and Lowell. Leverett and Kirkland also gained their place Thursday, while Lowell came in first in a "consolation" race Friday.

The Eliots were so strong in the rowing department that they decided to enter a second team in the preliminary contest, and it too won its way to the finals. It won't, however, be able to garner any Straus Trophy Points for Eliot.

Adams racked up the second best time in the early phases of the season, 5:32.