Lacrosse Team Plays MIT Today as Nine Faces Williams

McInnis' Squad Favored to Defeat Erratic Ephmen Today in Non-League Game Here

By Peter B. Taub

If it doesn't rain this afternoon, Harvard will play the Williams baseball team on Soldiers Field at 3:45 p.m. It should be another breather type game for the Crimson.

Williams has taken its knocks. In its first five games--which resulted in losses to Seton Hall, Hofstra, Princeton, Army, and the U. of Mass.--50 runs were scored against it. Then Williams tied Bowdoin in 11 innings and beat St. Michael's the other day for its first victory.

Their scores so far indicate that the men from the Berkshires show occasional hitting power but lack adequate pitching. Righthander George Ditmar, who will face Harvard today, was the Ephmen's leading hurler last year but has had some bad luck this season. He lost to the U. of Mass. in his first start and relieved against Bowdoin.

Sophomores in Lineup

Coach Bobby Coombs has several sophomores in his lineup, although there are ten lettermen on the squad. He claims he is still experimenting and has not had enough time to fashion a winning combination.

Harvard, with not much in the way of hitting either, has reached the halfway mark in its schedule with four wins in ten starts, but has won three of its last four games. Either Barry Turner, Ralph Hymans, or Landon Clay will pitch today. Clay, a right who hurled for the jayvees last spring, throws a fast ball and has a deceptive sidearm curve.