2229 Vote in Elections for Council Posts

Classes of '50, '51, '52 Select 7 Members in Lower Vote Than Last Year's; 2 Return

With a minimum of noise and a rather lower note than last year, the Classes of 1950, 1951, and 1952 yesterday elected their representatives to the Council.

Winners from '50 were: Edward Farley Burke, of Winthrop House and Secretary of the Council this year; and William Lynch Curwen, also of Winthrop House.

The '51 victors were: Roy Matz Goodman, of Eliot House, and a member of the Council this year; and Thomas Andrew Unverferth, of Leverett House.

Freshman Winners

Freshman winners were: Richard Totten Button, of Massachusetts Hall; Chase Nebeker Peterson of Thayer Hall; and Richard Martin Sandler of Matthews Hall.

The '50 election was a walkaway for Burke, with 256 votes. Curwen, with 184, was a good 30 ballots ahead of the next man.

Goodman garnered 185 votes from '51, while Unferferth got 160, edging third-place John T. Hazel by 12 votes.

The big doubt in the freshman election was third place with Sandler winning by only five votes. Peterson was a cinch from the halfway point in the counting.

Total vote for the College was 2229. Eliot House cast the most ballots and Kirkland House the least.