Six Meets Brown in Crucial Contest

Coach Chase Juggles Lines for Tonight's Engagement at Arena

By Douglas M. Fouquet

Some very important eastern college hockey will be played in the Arena tonight when Harvard and Brown meet at 7 p.m. in their second Pentagonal League engagement of the season. So important does Coach John Chase think the game that he has completely revised the Crimson's forward lineup.

All three Harvard lines have been shaken up in order to make each more equal; every one of the Bruins' is so powerful, that the Crimson cannot afford not to field three good lines of its own.

This is the plan: Captain Myles Huntington will center a first line with Bill Garrity and Bob DiBlasio at the wings; Dave Abbot will center a second (third) line with Doug Anderson and Shorty Minot at the wings; and Joe Kittredge will center a third (second) line with Lew Preston and Carl Timpson as the wingmen.

Defense and goal strategy is unaffected. Jack Carman and Algie Allen will open at the back line, while Johnny Chase will be in the goal as usual.

Brown Favored Slightly

The Bruins are a slight favorite tonight because in their early season match with the Crimson they gained a 7 to 6 overtime victory. Moreover, Brown has the advantage of having toured the West during the Christmas vacation and played several local games while the Crimson as a unit completely closed up shop.

Harvard, with its new look, hopes to make it a tough game for the Bears and with good reason, for in two vacation meetings with BU (a team the Crimson has beaten), Brown lost both times.

If Harvard and Brown--perhaps the two top teams in the league--go undefeated the rest of the way and Harvard can win tonight, the Crimson could tie Brown for the championship. All this thinking could be upset, of course, should Dartmouth or Yale come up with better teams than they are currently given credit for.

Brown diminished the league hopes of Army Saturday night by crushing the Cadets, 12 to 3, at West Point. In that game Bruin wing Larry Copeland scored four goals, while three were scored by center Warren Priestley, whose overtime goal at Providence defeated Harin the earlier Crimson-Brown game last month.

The starting lineups: HARVARD  BROWN Chase  G  Whiston Allen  LD  Menard Carman  RD  Dewey DiBlasio  LW  Priestley Huntington  C  Copeland Garrity  RW  Gubbins