Soccer Team Tips Connecticut, 2-0

Booters Take Fourth Straight as Unusual Heat Affects Play

The University of Connecticut became the soccer team's fourth victim yesterday as the Crimson, playing raggedly for the first three periods, won 2 to 0 on the Business School Field. Ten saves by goalie Dick Craven and some fine on-the-run shooting by center forward Vern Drehmel pulled the game out of the fire.

Heat Affects Both Teams

Indian summer heat took its tell on both teams; Connecticut, after its three-hour bus ride-from Storrs still managed to outrush the Crimson but could not seem to put together ant concerted scoring drive.

Part of the Blue and White's inability to score was due to the deep checking back of insides Captain Ted Wolf and Charlie Weiss--especially in the first and third stanzas as Harvard bucked both wind and sun.

Drehmel Scores Two

Crimson offensive thrusts consequently lacked the punch felt by Haverford and Penn. The UConn goal was threatened seriously only when Harvard had the wind with them in the second and fourth quarters. Drehmel made both scores on the run, one in the second, and one in the last period.

All in all, it was a day of individual performances. "Pinky" Higgins, right inside for Connecticut, gave goalie Craven several anxious moments.

Pantalconi, Florin Back in Action

Former Crimson casualties Pants Pantaleoni and Ben Florin returned to their old halfback and fullback slots, respectively, and turned in fine jobs. Bob Harding also turned in a good day's work, playing an excellent center half and filling in at left half and left full.

Fullback Charlie Ufford and halfback Latsi Berger again formed the backbone of a strong right side defense, Ufford tackling well and Berger clearing crisp, accurate passes up to the forward line.

The soccer team's next opponent is Army, which it plays Saturday.