Kirkland Tops Adams, 6-0; Puritans Take Dudley, 24-0

Kirkland edged out Adams in a tight House football contest yesterday afternoon, 6 to 0, while Winthrop was trouncing Dudley, 24 to 0.

Slug Dolan, Dick Larkin, and Chuck Nelson led an effective Deacon running and passing attack. The Kirkland eleven hold twice deep in its own territory to stave off line smashes by the fast Adams backs. Both teams showed considerably stronger on defense than offense.

The only score of the game came late in the third period when the Deacons followed up a pass interception with a series of spot passes and end runs, climaxing in a drive over tackle by tailback Larkin.

In the other contest, Winthrop completely outclassed a slow-moving Commuter squad. Dudley lost its only scoring opportunity in the second period when it lost the ball on downs on the 10 yard line.

Manning Scores

Frank Hernberg's passes to George Lee kept the Commuter defense spread and strengthened the Puritan running attack. Jack Manning carried the ball over from the 15 yard line early in the second quarter.

Hernberg scored the second on a straight power play from six yards out. The Hernberg-to-Lee combination covered 25 yards for the third Winthrop touchdown.

In the final period Dave Waring grabbed a Dudley pass and ran it over for the last six points.