Lowell High Table Tonight to Mark Anniversary of Both House, Master

Administrative leaders of the University will sit at Lowell House's first high table of the year tonight to help celebrate the House's 20th anniversary. To suit the occasion the meal will be served by waitresses, and "on china, not plastic," stated Elliott Perkins, Housemaster and Lecturer on History.

After the dinner there will be three short speeches by Provost Buck, Malcolm P. Aldrich, a trustee of the Harkness Fund, and the founder of high table at Lowell House, Julian Lowell Colidge '95, professor of Mathematics, Emeritus, and master of Lowell House, Emeritus.

Corporation Present

With these men at high table will be Mason Hammond '25, professor of Greek and Latin and professor of History, the House's first senior tutor and present master of Kirkland House; W. Y. Elliott, Leroy B. Williams Professor of History and Political Science; B. J. Whiting, professor of English; Perkins; the remaining members of the original staff; and members of the Corporation.

Perkins will be celebrating his tenth anniversary as Housemaster, having succeeded Coolidge in 1940.

Lowell, the first of the Houses, was opened in 1930 along with Dunster. These two buildings, along with Eliot, Kirkland, Winthrop, and Leverett, which opened in 1931, were made possible by Edward S. Harkness, who presented President Lowell with the idea and funds for the House system in the late twenties.