Deans, Randall to Make Decision on Radcliffe Rioters

Alvin R. Randall, chief of the University Police, will confer with the Administrative Board soon to decide the fate of the students who were deprived of their Bursar's cards during the blackout riot Sunday night.

Randall said yesterday he is not sure yet how many students lost their cards; he himself collected "eight or ten" cards, and his subodinates also picked up "quite a few," mostly at Radcliffe.

The fact that a Cambridge fireman was hurt while answering a false alarm at Radcliffe will probably have some effect on the kind of punishment on which the Administrative Board decides, Randall said.

Fireman's Eye All Right

The fireman, Herbert F. Shea, was cut in the eye by pieces of a light bulb thrown at the windshield of his fire truck. He was taken to Cambridge City Hospital Sunday night, treated, and sent home. The Fire Department reported yesteday that Shea was back on the job with his eye bandaged, and that he was in no danger of losing his sight.

Randall also denied reports that his hat and badge had been stolen during the disturbance. He explained that he had simply been knocked over by a group of students who ran into him while trying to escape from one of the Annex dormitories.

The blackout which precipitated the student riot was caused by an engineer throwing the wrong switch in a power station at Pratt's Junction, about 50 miles northwest of Boston.

This mistake overloaded the Boston generators and resulted in darkness over most of the metropolitan area.