Princeton Crushes Wrestlers, 20-5

Princeton won its second straight Big Three wrestling championship at Nassau Saturday by defeating Harvard, 20 to 5. Dave Smith drew with Bob Sellers at 136, and Captain Bob Claflin decisioned Luc Wilmerding, 4 to 1, at 175 for the Crimson's' only points.

It was a slow match, there being seven decisions and a tie, and the Tigers left no doubts as to their superiority. Joe Kozol (121) lost, 5 to 1; Dave Shapiro (128) lost, 8 to 2; Bob Abboud (145) lost, 9 to 1; Tom Connors (155) lost, 4 to 3; Neil Hastie (165) lost, 4 to 0; and Will Davis (heavyweight) lost, 6 to 1.

Smith wrestled Harvard's best individual match. Like most of the other Harvards, he came up against a good- experienced man. The score might have been closer had Al Sawyer been able to wrestle at 145.

Meanwhile, in the Blockhouse, the freshmen got past Andover, 17 to 13, for their fourth win in five meets. Captain Johnny Lee, at 128, gave the Yardlings the lead with a pin early in the third period, and the winners added to their lead with decisions by Bud Adams (136), Icko Iben (145), Russ Harris (155), and Wayland Bowser (165).