Wrestlers Fail in Eastern Tourney

All eight Harvard wrestlers were eliminated yesterday in the eastern intercollegiate tournament at Princeton. Only one, heavyweight Charlie Keith, got as far as the quarter-finals.

Keith decisioned Bruce Allen (Cornell), 4-0, in the afternoon preliminaries but was pinned by peen State's defending class champion, Homer Barr, with a key hold at 3:50 last night.

In the preliminaries, Joe Kozol (121) lost a 6-0 decision to Lou Bowers (Rutgers); Dave Shapiro (128) was decisioned, 15-1, by Stan Mousetis (Franklin and Marshall); Dave Smith (136) lost a 10-4 decision to Bob Sellers (Princeton).

Abe Allen (Army) pinned Bob Abboud with a figure four at 38 in the 445-pound class: Eric Erikson (Lehigh) threw Roger Wach, at 155, with a cradle in two minutes; Neil Hastie (165) was decisioned by Archie Thompson (Navy). 123 and Captain Bob Claflin (175) dropped a 6-2 decision to Howie McLarin, Virginia.

Syracuse, Penn State, Rutgers, and Yale scored seven victories each in the preliminaries. Lehigh and Navy had six winners apiece in the quarter-finals and Princeton and F & M five. Temple was the only team in the field of 16 that failed to post a triumph in the preliminaries.