Ski Team Will Compete in Colorado

Seven members of Harvard's ski team will journey to Colorado in spring vacation to represent the East in the National Collegiate Ski Championships. This will be the first time that the Crimson skiers have competed in these championships, and they are hoping to finish fifth in a field of eight.

Dartmouth, the only other Eastern representative, and teams from Rocky Mountain, and For Western colleges will furnish strong opposition for the Crimson.

The meet will be held at Arapahoe Basin in Dillon, Colorado, on March 31, April 1, and April 2, sponsored by Denver University and the University of Colorado. The Universities of Nevada, Washington, and Wyoming, and Washington State will also send teams.

The four-event meet will include the slalom, downhill, cross-country, and 60-meter jump, a long jump for collegiate competition. Both captain Bill Wasserman and Jim Weaver will take part in all four events, while John Hart and Skid Land will participate in the cross-country and jump. Gordon Abbott, Jerry Porter, and Don Justice will ski in the downhill and slalom competitions. Four men will enter each event, and the top three of each team will score.

The skiers will leave Cambridge by car on March 24 in order to arrive in time for two days of practice on the unfamiliar slopes.

College Sanctions Trip

University Hall approves the trip, and has granted the skiers permission to leave early before the beginning of vacation. They have not, however, been offered any financial support.

Members of the team will try to raise by private soliciting the sum of $500 required for the trip. At Colorado the visiting colleges' expenses will be paid by the sponsoring colleges.

Four Eastern colleges were invited to send teams to the championships, but only Dartmouth and Harvard accepted the invitations. Middlebury and Yale refused.