House Court, Swimming, Squash Champions Face Elis Today

Adams Swimmers Go to New Haven To Meet Fast Trumbull Squad

Adams' powerful swimming team faces Trumbull College for the Harvard-Yale intramural championship at 3 p.m. today in New Haven.

The Gold Coasters, holders of the Inter-House title, will have a close match on their hands, but depth is expected to put them on top.

Ted Rogers, manager of the Adams team, believes the Crimson will meet its strongest competition in the 50 yard freestyle and 50 yard backstroke. The times of both teams are within 5 second of each other, but Yale is at a disadvantage, since its times were taken in a faster pool.

Fred Gwynne, who broke the Inter-House record for the 50 yard backstroke with 29.4 seconds Wednesday, Bob Fleischer and Cris Coe will open the meet with the 150 yard medley; Jim Dawson and Mike Reinohl will swim both the 50 and the 100 yard free-style; Bob Vandusen and Bob Fleisher will enter the 50 breast-stroke; and Gwynne and Ron Dorris will swim the 50 backstroke.

If the 200 yard final relay becomes a decisive event, Adams will put in a powerful quartet of Coe, Gwynne, Dawson, and Reinohl. The 150 yard medley and the 200 yard relay are expected to be the deciding events.

Adams clinched the interhouse swimming lead Wednesday by defeating Dunster and Eliot, 35 to 12 and 28 to 20 respectively.

Leverett and Kirkland tied for the B League lead.