Dulles, Humphrey To Speak On 'Fair Deal' in Law Forum

Freshman Senator Hubert H. Humphrey (D-Minn.) and elder Republican statesman John Foster Dulles will discuss current trends in American government at tonight's Law Forum under the topic: "The Welfare State: Which Path Should American Follow? The Forum, to be held in Rindge Tech Auditorium at 8:15 p.m., will have professor of Law David F. Cavers and moderator. The speakers are expected to consider how far the present New and Fair Deal philosophies can be continued without changing the basic concepts of American character and government.

As member of the 81st Congress, Humphrey has been a supporter of the civil rights program and was one of those responsible for placing the civil rights plank in the 1948 Democratic platform. He favors extension of rent control and the bill advocating $300,000,000 federal aid to education.

Dulles, after serving a short term in 1949 as interim Senator from New York, ran for the post last fall, but lost to his Democratic opponent Herbert H. Lehman. He has long been recognized as one of the leading Republican experts on foreign affairs. In 1945 he was a delegate at the San Francisco Conference and in 1947 a member of the Foreign Ministers Councils in London and Moscow.

Season ticket holders to the forum must have their tickets punched and obtain a special admission ticket at Gannett House by noon today. Season tickets will be honored only until 8 p.m. this evening.