U. S. National Students Association Offers Inexpensive European Tours

Harvard Founded Commission

Men looking forward toward Europe this summer have only until Wednesday to join the NSA tour. The National Students Association is offering one of the cheapest and best a week is left in which to apply at the means of going abroad--but only half office of the International Commission, 96 Winthrop Street.

The International Tour, one of over 30 specialized trips, offers eight days in England, six in France, seven in Switzerland, seven in Austria, six in Germany, eight in Czechoslovakia, and two weeks of free time, all for $614 including tran-Atlantic passage, lodging, food, and travel costs while with the program. The cost, far below similar tours of other organizations, is made possible by the large scale, non-profit organization of the tours by NSA.

Special Advantages

But, not counting the low cost of the trips, they are unique in their special advantages for students. First of all, they do not travel as "tourist" as is inevitable in commercial or individual trips. They are the friends and guests of the students of the countries they visit.

A second feature peculiar to the NSA tours is the lack of discipline and chaperones. In fact there are no chaperones and the volunteer trip leader is a student elected by the group.

The third, and most popular, feature of the NSA tours is the last two weeks of free time allotted everyone. Here the planned group program ends and the students round off their summers as they please. Since the individual students costs vary greatly for these two weeks, the expenses for the period are not included in the trip's overall price.