Radcliffe Council Accepts Writers

Radcliffe's Student Council yesterday voted to charter a new playwriting group, organized several weeks ago by students interested in writing original plays for student production.

Permission to affiliate with the Harvard Playwriter's group, chartered last week, was also granted to the new organization by the Council. This measure will allow the groups to supplement each other in writing and producing plays.

Library Petition Tabled

Council also revoked a student government ruling that the offices of NSA delegate and NSA alternate should be filled by persons from different classes. Members of the Council felt that the ruling no longer applied to the NSA situation and should be rescinded before next week's student government elections.

Joan Braverman '50, president of the Radcliffe Student Government, also stated that a petition signed by 25 students had been turned in to her protesting the new ruling on the 'Cliffe library. The issue was tabled until next Monday's Council dockets, however, so that students interested in the issue may attend the meeting. Time for the meeting was set at 2 p.m.