4 Delegates 4

They are at it again. The NSA has come up with another system for choosing the four people who make the annual jaunt west to their National Student Congress. After the difficulties of last year's petition-election method the Student Council is now appointing the delegates.

To become a delegate you still have to do a number of things. First, NSA wants a short autobiography stating College activities and personal interests, like social work or business or publicity or administration or what-have-you. This document goes to the local NSA chapter for preliminary screening before going up to the Student Council selection committee.

If you get appointed you will go to some orientation meetings to find out just what is up. Then you go to a regional conference to see for yourself just what is up. Then, if you are one of the chosen few, you get instruction in what is called "group dynamics," which tells you how to discuss things around a round table and how to lead a discussion without being obvious about it. It may sound like a lot, but it's worth it.

Your reward for this is a free trip to Ann Arbor, Michigan where all your expenses are paid during the last week in August while the big national conference is on. Meanwhile you will meet all kinds of people from all over the country. And you will help make policy for the coming year. You will have fun, too. Last year they put an angry great dane in Fred Houghteling's bed. Had quite a time getting it out.

The deadline for application is next Monday night in the PBH Student Council office. A number are already in. There should be a lot more.